iLogic Tutorial From Autodesk – 15
Create the Port C Rule
The iLogic rule for Port C is almost exactly the same as the rule for Port A, with the difference being that everything that referenced Port A needs to reference Port C instead. The quick way to create this rule would be to copy and paste, find and replace the Port A references with Port C references. Let’s get started.
- Click on the iLogic Tree Editor
- Double click on port_a_rule
- Using your left mouse button, highlight the entire rule · Press Ctrl+C to copy the rule text
- Click OK on the rule editor dialog box
- Click OK to close the iLogic Tree Editor
- Click Add Rule · Enter the name port_c_rule
- Click OK · In the rule editor click in the rule text pane so your cursor appears
- Press Ctrl+V to paste the rule that we copied from port_a_rule
- Click on the Search and Replace tab
- In Find what: type port_a
- In Replace with: type port_c
- Check off Match Case
- Check off Match whole word only
- Click on Replace All in This Rule
- Click OK on the dialog box, this rule is up to date.
Before you continue, save the file.
Inventor iLogic Tutorial Navigation
Intro – 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 6 – 7 – 8 – 9 – 10 – 11 – 12 – 13 – 14 – 15 – 16 – 17 – 18